Welcome to The Booyah Youth Program
'The Booyah Youth Program', which translates to an expression for 'joy, excitement or triumph', is a Queensland Police, Youth Leadership and Mentor Program that utilises adventure based learning, decision making/problem solving exercises, resilience training, policing strategies and family inclusive principles to help young people aged 14-17 years make better life choices!
Our Mission Statement
To provide a Queensland Police led community inclusive mentoring program with an emphasis on empowering disconnected youth to enhance their life skills to Feel A.L.I.V.E!
The Booyah Aim
To provide a structured strength based program that incorporates respect; developing vocational pathways, employability skill-sets, and adventure based activities aimed to enhance the protective factors of youth, encouraging a connection with family, community and culture.
- View the photo gallery from the Townsville Graduation 2018.Read More »
- Video from Project Booyah Townsville Graduation 2018Read More »
- Pictures from Project Booyah’s Graduation for 2017.Read More »
- Big 2016 for Project Booyah taking home the Australian Crime & Violence Prevention Award – Gold at a private ceremony at Parliament House Canberra. Video of acceptance speech (bottom of folder under locations that has Yvette Darth picture on front) to be placed in Booyah News with Photos from Training …Read More »
- Commissioner Ian Stewart presenting the Queensland Police Service Award for Excellence – Gold for Sustainability and overall winner of the Commissioner Award for excellence in September 2016 to Assistant Commissioner Paul Stewart, Inspector Stephen Pyne and Senior Sergeant Ian Frame Project Booyah!Read More »
The Booyah Team